Confessions


Who doesn't love chocolate?! Ty and I may or may not be the littlest bit addicted to that smooth, sensational, mouth watering, incredibly delicious substance! So much so that I may or may not be able to remember the last day that I didn't have at least a taste of that magical stuff! 
Last night... around 11 pm or so... Tyler and I were going through some serious withdrawals... I hadn't had chocolate all night long! So... we decided to make a chocolate cake! Nothing is better then cake at midnight! 

The cake is from a box because... lets get real here... it the best way to make a cake... and I'm a terrible cook... but (drum roll here) I DID make the frosting from scratch BECAUSE... Homemade frosting is the best!!!! Here's the recipe:

8 Tbsp. (one stick) butter, room temperature
1/3 cup cocoa
3 3/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
3-4 Tbsp. milk or cream
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Beat the butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy, about 30 seconds. Add in cocoa, sugar, milk or cream, and vanilla extract and beat the frosting. Add and additional tablespoon of milk or cream if frosting is too thick!

Well thats all for today! Hope you have a chocolatey day!! 

1 comment: