This weekend I threw one of my good friends a bridal/lingerie shower! I had so much fun putting it all together I thought I'd share all about it! The theme was "Sexy 'n Sweet" here's the break down!
I saved a bunch of money by making the invites myself on photoshop (I like to use PicMonkey) The Clipart is from JessicaSawyerDesign! She has an adorable shop on Etsy with tons of designs! I added the insert for a game I"ll explain below!COST = $15
(20 5x7 invites, 20 4x4 inserts, 20 envelopes)
- Design your own invites
- Most photo labs will give a discount if you order "invite bundles"
- A lot of photo labs will have occasional sales on prints! If you know in advance keep an eye out
- Hand deliver the invitations
- The Panty Game! - Everyone brings a pair of panties that represents their relationship with the bride. After everyone arrives pin up the panties on a clothes line and have the bride guess who brought which pair! (the panties also make cute decor for the rest of the night)
- Prizes can be given for funniest pair, sexiest pair, most likely to be worn pair etc.
- The Game of Things- Use paper bags, jars, or boxes and label them with different scenarios! (I.e. Things you would never do in front of your in-laws, Things you should keep in your nightstand, Things you should always do during an argument, Things you wouldn't want to be caught doing by your neighbors etc.) As the night goes on have guest fill out slips of paper with their answers and drop them in the bag accordingly. At the end of the night have the bride read through all the slips of paper as everyone has a good laugh!
COST = FREE
- Use containers (buckets, paper bags, baskets etc.) you already have
- Use old frames to display game instructions and directions! It's cute and functional!
- I hate buying items in bulk when I only need about 3 or 4! Instead of buying a pack of paper bags ask your local grocery store if they have a few lunch sacks you can have!
Here's a peak at some of the yummy food we had at the party! I got the pink wafer cookies at the Dollar store! Go figure! The pink lemonade was a dollar too! Adding frozen strawberries and sliced lemons to the drink made it look FANCY! Believe it or not... paper plates were cheaper at Walmart than the Dollar store, plus they had more variety!
Nail polish and chocolate were the perfect party favors!
COST = $3 Each($1 bucket, $1 nail polish, Assorted candy)
For the Bride:
For the bride I put together a little Sexy 'n Sweet date night package! I filled it with toppings you'd usually put on ice cream! I recovered them with cute paper to make them look ADORABLE and added a tag with a little poem explaining what these toppings are really meant for... or, you know, they could always go on ice cream too...
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate fudge
- Maraschino cherries
- (Could add ice cream dishes and spoons, waffle cones, or other candies)
Everything turned out great! It's always fun to share a night with friends!