Sister Swap Meet


Growing up with all sisters had its fair share of fun and drama! I dare say some of our biggest drama was over sharing (aka stealing) clothes. I'm second oldest and I always found a way to sneakily borrow my older sister's clothes and return them back to her closet before she could tell it went missing. (She hated it!) Then once my younger sister got old enough she stole from my closet and the youngest stole from hers. It's just what sisters do! Although we all have different body types, it seems that within the last couple years we've all worn relatively the same size of clothing. Instead of just "hand-me-downs" things started getting "handed up" as well. 
  


With life being as busy as it is, the four of us don't get together as often as we'd like! Luckily this last weekend we had the chance to finally get all of us together for a girls weekend! Knowing I was going to see my sisters I started to gather the clothes I don't wear anymore to see if my sisters would want to pick over them before I gave them to good will! That's what first sparked the idea of our Sister Swap Meet! 

How it works:
Everyone brings clothes that are still in style but maybe aren't worn as often. (Each person keeps tabs on their own pile of clothing.) Showcase the clothes everyone brought and let the bartering begin! Obviously both ends of the trade have to agree its fair and then once you hand it over... it is theirs for good! 

We had a great time laughing, trading clothes, and eating treats! It was a great way to spruce up our closets with little to no cost! Hopefully we can do this every year! If you're feeling bored with your wardrobe, get a group of girls together and try your own Sister Swap Meet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment